Geographic Information Manager
Simplex 3D is Seeking an Experienced Geographic Information Manager (New York area)
Cross-organizational responsibility for the diverse geographical information managed by the company. Linking, connecting, and integrating various information sources. Building methods and routines for maintaining up-to-date information from external/internal sources, making it accessible to Simplex customers based on permissions levels, and needs. Work continuously with vector, raster, and topographic information, BIM, and MESH.
- BA or higher in Geography or Geo-Information
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a GIS or photogrammetric operator
- Service-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills to suit cross-organizational responsibilities
- Ability to learn new topics and technologies quickly
- Extensive technical skills, including use of popular tools, QGIS, GDAL, GRASS, GeoServer, PostGIS, MongoDB
- In-depth knowledge of GIS, including SQL and spatial queries, and working with services
- Ability to implement tools to connect, edit and split different types of information, orthophoto, MESH, DTM
- Information-literate – Broad familiarity with information sources in Israel and around the world
- Basic understanding of cloud computing, activeDir, firewalls, etc.